Lexapro Birth Defects Lawsuit

Women who used Lexapro while they were pregnant and delivered children with birth defects may be able to take legal action. It was discovered that the use of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) could increase the risk of birth defects in newborns. Lexapro is classified as an SSRI and pregnant women who used the medication and delivered children with abdominal, skull or heart defects may be able to receive compensation as a result of the manufacturer’s inability to warn users of these dangerous effects. Since there is a limited amount of time in which affected individuals can pursue a Lexapro birth defects claim, they are advised to file a claim as soon as possible.

Birth Defects Linked to Lexapro

Research conducted on the use of antidepressants has found that women who took SSRIs such as Lexapro were more likely to deliver children with serious birth defects. Attorneys are examining Lexapro birth defects claims from pregnant women who took the medication and delivered children with these specific conditions:

  • Spina bifida
  • Aorta coarctation
  • Omphalocele
  • Heart defects
  • Club foot
  • Transposition of the great arteries (TGA)
  • Craniosynostosis (skull defect)
  • Tetralogy of fallot (TOF)
  • Hypoplastic left heart syndrome

If you took Lexapro while you were pregnant and delivered a child that has any of these conditions, it is possible for you to receive compensation by participating in a Lexapro lawsuit.

Lawsuit for Lexapro Birth Defects

Since the manufacturers of Lexapro failed to warn pregnant users of the medication about the possibility of serious complications, pursuing legal action may be an option for women who used the medication while they were pregnant and delivered a child with heart problems or other birth defects. By participating in a Lexapro lawsuit, mothers can seek compensation for their medical bills and other damages that occurred from their children’s Lexapro birth defects. To see if you have a claim, it is recommended that you speak with an attorney who will be able to review the details of your case.